12.22.2008

Do you know your Pharmacology?

Here is a little quiz that I put together for all of you. Mainly because this was a portion of my final exam for one of my music therapy classes and I wanted to share with everyone the excitement I had. ENJOY!



Anyone who gets 80% without looking them up....
I'll buy you a treat of your choice.
(As long as it isn't too expensive)
NO CHEATING!

Match the following generic names of these medications with their trade names:

Generic Names
1. haloperidol
2. thioridazine
3. chlorpromazine
4. sertraline
5. fluoxetine
6. olanzapine
7. carbamazepine
8. alprazolam
9. diazepam
10. citalopram

Trade Names
A. Thorazine
B. Mellaril
C. Haldol
D. Zyprexa
E. Prozac
F. Zoloft
G. Celexa
H. Xanax
I. Valium
J. Tegretol

Bonus: Classify the above medications into categories for what they are used for. (*Hint: Antipsychotic medications, Antidepressant medications, Antianxiety medications, or Anticonvulsant medications)

*Post your answers as a comment, and I will let you know your score!

1 comment:

Shawn and Shayna said...

Hi Chelsea!!! I want to try and take this quiz i know that I am late and who knows if you will ever see this, but it might me kinda fun to see how I do!

1. C Anitpsychotic
2. A
3. J
4. F
5. E Anitdepressant
6. B
7. D
8. H Anxiety
9. I Anxiety
10. G Antidepressant

Ok so I guessed on more than half but we will see!