12.27.2008

Brownie Points and the Toilet Catastrophe


Just last night after arriving home from Brigham's parent's house around 11:00pm disaster struck the young Moore household. I had quite a full bladder and wanted to relieve myself, but when I lifted the lid of the toilet, it was not just toilet water. I flushed, hoping that would solve the problem, but brown murky water began to rise steadily toward the brim of the toilet. In a panic I started repeating Brigham's name over and over. As Brig reached for the plunger, the brown water spilled over the edge and began to spread over our small bathroom floor. Stupidly I asked what he needed. He simply replied, "A towel," as if this was the most obvious thing in the world. I began throwing our towels onto the ground to soak up the muck while Brig braved the toilet and plunged away. He succeeded in unplugging the toilet and then proceeded to mop up the gross water. I avoided the bathroom, but got a garbage bag for the dirty towels, and then got our swifer mop out to sanitize the floor. I still had a full bladder and wasn't about to walk on the floor bare foot after that.

Brigham was the hero of the night. He didn't even flinch or complain! He scored massive amounts of brownie points last night. I am so grateful Brig was there to take care of me in a moment of bathroom terror. He is always optimistic about crazy things that happen. His comment after cleaning everything up was comprised of, "Well, at least the fecal matter was diluted!" :) Always looking for the silver lining!

As I stood afar off watching my amazingly handsome husband brave the toilet I thought about getting pictures for memory sake and for blogging, but then I realized that no one probably wanted to see it.

2 comments:

kara said...

Oh. my. heck. That is hilarious! It SO good that Brig is an environmental engineer because not many people could handle the fecal matter of it all. haha. That boy has no fear. ;)

Shirlene said...

A Hero in training no longer! He has reached true hero status!