12.22.2008

December Birthdays Missed!

So... I missed my December birthdays due to end of semester overload. So here they are!

December 1st: Grandpa Hicken
Why do I love my Grandpa? Because he is amazing. He has an amazing voice, he has an amazing son (my dad), he has an amazing smile, and when he visits I feel simple amazing! I do hope that he and Grandma Hicken will come visit us sometime here in Utah. Brigham and I were sad that we didn't get to see him during Thanksgiving like the rest of my family did. (Except Nicole and Talon and Chase) Grandpa welcomed Brigham into the family with welcome arms, and that means a lot to us. Happy Birthday Grandpa!

December 4th: Uncle Bill
Why do I love my Uncle Bill? Because my Uncle Bill is awesome. One of my favorite memories of Uncle Bill is the story of my younger brother Chase asking, "Uncle Bill, where did your hair go? Was it a scared of the dark?" I have always loved visiting the Uncle Bill Barney family in Arizona. He has awesome children, my cousins, and a wonderful wife as well! I remember I had my first grapefruit peeled like an orange at his house, instead of the traditional "cut it in half" way. I remember thinking that it didn't even taste like a grapefruit. I remember playing Donkey Kong at their house, as well as making hot pads. I'm so grateful for the fun memories I have. Happy Birthday Uncle Bill!

December 7th: Grandma Barney
Why do I love Grandma? Because she is funny. She loves to tease us, especially Melanie, about putting vegetables in her Sunday jello. She loves to make jokes and make everyone smile. She is kind, loving, and always loves to have visitors. She always makes me feel like a million bucks when Brig and I stop by to visit. Grandma is so giving. She feeds us all sorts of things when we just stop by to say hi. It is fun to have her so close! Happy Birthday Grandma!

December 8th: Jaden McCumber
Why do I love Jaden? Jaden is one of my nephews. He has a great personality. He always makes me smile when I see him, and he is great at Karate...and all the other types of martial arts that their sensai teaches. Jaden is funny, and has such a cool imagination! Happy Birthday Jaden!

December 9th: Cindy Redd

Why do I love Cindy Redd? Because is basically my Aunt. As a child I grew up thinking that her children were my cousins, until I got old enough to know that we were just really good family friends. I remember all kinds of fun adventures that our families have had together, and they always bring a smile to my face. We've been to D.C. together in a 15 seater van, we've gone snowmobiling, skiing, etc., etc. I remember putting on snow boots in their mud room when I was little (don't know why, but I do.) I love Cindy Redd because she treats all of us like family, and has such a fun and vivacious personality. It is always bound to be a good time with the Redds. Happy Birthday Cindy Redd!

December 11th: Brandon Moore
Why do I love Brandon? Because Brandon is intense! He is my brother-in-law, and he has always made me feel welcome in the Moore family. He is an intense snowboarder, an intense biker, an intense kayaker...I could go on for awhile. He is the extreme sports guy of the family, and that's saying something, because all the Moores are extreme! Brandon is a great dad, and a great husband. Brandon is one of the best role models in the world! Happy Birthday Brandon!

December 13th: Terry Young
Why do I love Terry? Terry has to be one of the coolest Aunts that I know...and inherited. She is so brilliant and loves to share her knowledge with anyone and everyone! I love going to visit Terry and Grandma and Grandpa Young because we always - without fail - watch some episodes of Stargate. She always tells me to wait when I bombard her with questions about the episode because I can't handle the suspense. Terry is still willing to play with us, and has a great personality! She also, kindly, cut the back of her thumb off so that I wouldn't be the only handicapped person over Thanksgiving break. She has also introduced the use of Cayane Pepper on a cut to help stop the bleeding. Terry is Awesome! Happy Birthday Terry!

December 18th: Christian Hicken
Why do I love Christian? Because he is cool! Christian is growing up fast, just like my sister Melanie, and we are continuing to gain great memories. I remember playing with Christian when he was young, and we "older cousins" would babysit. I remember playing in the game room, I remember seeing him skiing with Mel, I remember him doing all kinds of things. Great times are had by all when the Matt Hicken and Greg Hicken families get together. We always have fun! Happy Birthday Christian!

December 20th: Emeri Moore
Why do I love Emeri? Because Emeri is such a cute, smart, innocent, and fun niece! She can quote scriptures with motions that she has learned, and sings songs, and has such a great imagination. Emeri is such a great big sister, and has a tender heart! After accidentally grabbing my stitches in my hand, she always checked to see which hand was hurt and then grab the other one to pull over to play. She even checked up on my hand when we last visited. Emeri is also a very adorable dancer! I got to go to her dance recital, and boy is she good! Emeri gives great hugs and kisses. Happy Birthday Emeri!

December 22nd: Nick Hicken
Why do I love Nick? Nick is just as cool as his brother Christian. I remember playing with him when he was little and I would give him piggy back rides all over the place. Brig and I now give Lexi piggy back rides all over the place. One of my favorite memories of Nick is when we went through his entire house mapping each and every room, and then we made a 3D model of the house. Nick piggy backed it up and down the stairs, in and out of rooms and then we made our model. I remember having so much fun. Now that Nick is older, we still have fun when we get together, and we can play "Infiltration" in the middle of Winter, or whenever they come. Happy Birthday Nick!

December 31st: Andrew Barney

Why do I love Andrew? Because he is wonderful! He is a wonderful cousin, and I have wonderful memories of playing with my super cool older cousin Andrew. My favorite memory of Andrew is when he pretended to be an old man that was hard of hearing. He wobbled along with a cane and we would try and direct him where to go. We came to a stop sign, and after telling him this he said, "What? A 'Hop' sign?" and then commenced to hop down the street. Andrew also came to my wedding, which I thought was very thoughtful of him, especially because he ended up sick like the rest of us. :) Andrew is fun to talk to, fun to be with, fun to laugh at...he is just fun! Happy Birthday Andrew!

No comments: