12.22.2008

The BEST Gingerbread Houses Ever!

Brig and I had 2 opportunities to make "Gingerbread" houses this Christmas season. Our first attempt was during an RA activity that Brig and a couple other RA's put together. I made the square house and Brig made the boat in the middle of the lake. I had to leave for a short period of time during the activity and when I returned I found that Brig had connected our plates to create Lake Front Property! (I'm the green person in the boat and Brig is the Red.)




Our second attempt was at a FHE with my family and the Dodd family. The Dodd's had all of us over for a fun Gingerbread house making extravaganza, and it was REAL gingerbread. It was the first gingerbread house that I have made that wasn't made out of graham crackers. It was so much fun! The Dodd's decorated a large house, as did the Hicken family, and then Shelley Dodd made two smaller gingerbread houses for Nicole and Talon, and then for Brig and me! It was a lot of fun! There was all kinds of creativity floating through the air!

Brig made the pine trees as well as the people and the candy cane park rail. I decorated the house, created the chimney, made the roof jump, and made it snow. Once again, Brig is the gingerbread man with the red beanie and shirt sliding on the rail, and I am the gingerbread woman on the house with a green beanie on ready to pull some sick tricks off the roof.









1 comment:

Chelle said...

So cute! I love decorating gingerbread houses! Unfortunately, mine usually collapse before I can finish them... :(