Although that was Brig's itinerary, mine (and Andy's) was actually to arrive on Tuesday, the 5th of July.
3 days early. Mwa hahaha...
It was the perfect plan, and (if I do say so myself) it was perfectly executed. No one in UT knew of my early arrival except for some of my in-laws, with whom I was in cahoots.
Nicole and Addie were scheduled to fly out to Missouri on the 10th, and if I had actually come on the 8th that would only really give me the 9th to be with them.
And I hadn't met Addie in person yet. :(
I decided that one day just wouldn't cut it, so when we scheduled our flights I went ahead and booked mine early.
I'm not a huge fan of flying with a baby sans the husband, but it was worth it to surprise everyone. I made good use of the floor space...
Andy doesn't nap in my arms very well, so I made him a little bed down there. Unfortunately he only took a 30 min cat nap and was wide awake for the 4 1/2 other hours left of the flight. Bleh.
My flight got in around 7pm, and then Brig's sister Shannon picked me up and we headed north! I was really nervous that everyone was going to be asleep or something when I got there.
But thankfully they weren't.
Looking back now, I should have just walked in. I mean... it's my house right?
But I didn't. I stood on the porch and knocked. It was a little awkward, just standing there.
It was SO GREAT to finally get to see and hold little Adalyn.
I got to see everyone in the family that night, except for my younger sister Melanie. I made everyone promise not to tell her... cause I wanted to surprise her too.
The next night we made a family ordeal out of it, and all crammed in the van to go up to Bear Lake (where Mel works) to surprise her.
When we were walking up to the office, everyone was in front of me blocking her view so that I could sneak inside. It was great. We even had her boss helping us.
All 5 sibs together once again!
Plus two stinkin' adorable babes.





1 comment:
It was seriously the best surprise EVER!! And yes, I did do the happy dance as I opened the front door!
Post a Comment