11.04.2010

Our Halloween Away from Home

Being away from home makes celebrating holidays a little tricky.

We could have gone to the store and bought costumes or rummaged through some dumpsters... but we didn't. One less thing to bring home.

Although no costumes, we did celebrate.

Friday night we crashed the Dalton's Ward Chili Cook-off and Trunk or Treat party.

Here's a picture of the winner of the hottest chili.

Brigham said that when he took a taste of this one he wasn't sure if he was going to keep breathing.

I skipped the first 2 long tables of chili and went to the more milder stuff. The second kind I tried was delish! I think it is my favorite type of chili I have ever tried. And I don't have a recipe. Sad.

Here's a group photo -- sans Brigham.

Melissa and Devin dressed up as Little Bo Peep and her lost sheep.

Angie and McKay dressed up as a PB & J sandwhich. McKay was the peanut butter and Angie was the jelly.

It reminded me off the time Brig and I dressed up like a s'more. [We were the "S'Moores"]

And here are our best Halloween faces we could muster.

After the party we went to Graeter's Ice Cream shop and then played some Harry Potter Clue. I believe it was Harry Potter with the Petrificus Totalus spell in the Transfiguration Room.

Saturday was spent in the company of one another completely. I crocheted most of the day while Brig played the first version of Zelda on the Wii. Very relaxing. We ate out that night at Texas Roadhouse and I believe our waitress was a pirate...

On the actual day of Halloween we celebrated with the Daltons again by eating monsters for dinner, taco salad style.

We were in charge of the drink, but didn't know until Sunday. The only stuff we had was milk and some Ovaltine. We took that and I told them about how in my family we call the pink flavor "poison." It was the perfect drink to go along with the theme.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Love and miss you two!!!! Can't wait to see you and your new little one again!

Emily said...

Oh my HECK...I love Harry Potter clue!