9.08.2010

I Lowered My Bike Seat

When I got on my bike last week to go for a ride with Brig, I realized that it wasn't as comfortable as it once used to be.

So, yesterday I lowered my bike seat.

[You can't really tell in the picture, but just trust me that it was lowered significantly.]

I've noticed that bending over in general is becoming a bit more cumbersome.

And today we are celebrating my 26 week mark.

It's harder for me to tell the difference week to week, but I'm definitely growing.

Here is a picture at 18 weeks.

And here I am at 23 weeks.

I feel the little Duke moving daily, and just this morning it felt like he moved his elbow across my whole belly. It's rather a weird sensation to have something living (and moving) inside you.

The entire pregnancy has been pretty awesome and relatively easy, minus my occasional sore hips and back. I haven't had any weird cravings, except for a period of a couple months where sugary, sweet things looked extremely unappealing to me. But you don't have to worry about that anymore... ice cream is just as delicious as it was before.

Oh, and just as a side note:

We decided that it would be super cool if we made a giant ball out of the plastic wrap packing material.
And then Brig decided to see what it feels like to be me.

He looks excited, no?

8 comments:

Mindy said...

You are FINALLY starting to look prego from the side. From the front, I still cannot tell. haha :)

Nicole Anderson said...

"Brigham you look good," Talon. So glad he can feel a little empathy now sis, but I'm not sure it has all the same discomforts you've been feeling! :) Love your guts! And I loved the CHICKEN sign in the earlier post at the Alaska State Fair!

Brittney said...

Looking good. I have never been good at taking time to document the side view growth shots. However I did take a pic and video of my little lady moving that I am trying to be brave enough to post. I only have 4 weeks to go and getting pretty nervous about what I am going to do with 3 little ones? Good luck...looks like you two are having a fun adventure!

Brittney said...

Looking good. I have never been good at taking time to document the side view growth shots. However I did take a pic and video of my little lady moving that I am trying to be brave enough to post. I only have 4 weeks to go and getting pretty nervous about what I am going to do with 3 little ones? Good luck...looks like you two are having a fun adventure!

Kylee said...

Congrats on the baby!! I guess I'm a little behind, or maybe I'm just losing my mind and I've already said congrats. Either way, that's so exciting!!

Camaree said...

You are lucky you even get to ride your bike. Eric was convinced my big belly would hinder my balance so much that I was bound to fall off my bike and that it was just too dangerous so he wouldn't let me ride at all. And he didn't think that it was safe for me to walk around campus with all the ice on the ground so he drove me to and from class everyday or made sure I caught the bus.

The Crookston Fam said...

Your baby bump is so cute! I'm glad that you're starting to feel him. Sometimes I seriously wonder what Kayli is doing in there. I wish I could have an instant ultrasound. You'll probably feel some pretty crazy things in the next few months. It's so fun, though! :)

Holly said...

Congrats on a baby boy in Dec. You will be such a fun mommy! Boys are the best!