12.01.2013

Living in Thanksgiving Daily!

So, I am going against the standard convention in the family and am posting...rather than letting Chelsea have all the fun.

Chelsea has been super diligent about sending packages to me while I am in Honduras and I very much appreciate it.  Although Christmas packages have arrived I wanted to talk about what came in late October for November's package.  One of the first things was some holiday decorations to include this stellar turkey garland.



But this is no ordinary garland made from turkey cut-outs... it had things that the family was grateful for.  Here is what they said they were grateful for:


  • Health and strength - Chels
  • Hot chocolate - Andy
  • Minky blankets - Ezra
  • Eggnog - Chels
  • FaceTime and letters - Andy
  • Mommy - Ezra
  • FaceTime - Chels
  • Milk (in a sippy cup) - Andy
  • Brotherly love from Andy - Ezra
  • General Conference - Chels
  • Swords and shields - Andy
  • Warm bottles - Ezra
  • Loving family and friends - Chels
  • Smoothies - Andy
  • Fruit - Ezra
  • The Gospel - Chels
  • Gatorade - Andy
  • FaceTime with daddy - Ezra
  • Being a wife and mother - Chels
  • Nursery - Andy
  • Papi and Grammy - Ezra
  • Nap time - Chels
  • Feeding the chickens - Andy
  • Binky - Ezra
  • Smoothies - Chels
  • Captain James Hook - Andy
  • Technology - Chels


Suffice it to say, this alone would have been an awesome package and really helped remind me of what I am grateful for, but there was more... lots more (but I'm only going to talk about one thing).



Our thankful turkey.  Chels has had the family do this for a couple of years now, ever since the experience when Andy had just learned how to climb up on the mantle of the fireplace and pluck the feathers from the turkey :)

So here are the reasons that I was thankful over this past month:


  1. "A mind with the capacity to learn!" - I've been working on my thesis....
  2. "Fresh air, blue sky, green grass, God's creations" - It is nice living in a tropical paradise...these things are pretty easy to point out.
  3. "Fasting & prayer" - I've really been blessed over the last little while and my testimony has been strengthened about these two wonderful principles.
  4. "A healthy body"
  5. "God's knowledge of me :0)"
  6. "Technology" - Hooray for the ability to keep in touch with Chels and the boys.
  7. "Fruit and veggies" - That is why I go to the dining facility.
  8. "The prophet, President Thomas S. Monson"
  9. "Prayer...a constant connection with Diety"
  10. "The gospel of Jesus Christ and the truths found therein" - Been going to Bible Studies with other faiths and I am impressed with all the knowledge and goodness they have.  It also helps me appreciated the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ and additional scripture.
  11. "Those who have served, those who are serving, and those who will serve" - Veteran's day.
  12. "Creativity"
  13. "The Spirit...it's amazing"
  14. "Rain! (And dry clothes...)" - I bet you can guess what happened this day!?  :0)
  15. "T.G.I.F. = Thank goodness it's Friday" - sometimes the weeks are loooooooong!
  16. "Exercise"
  17. "Chelsea & the boyz!"
  18. "Chance to share the Gospel & proclaim truth"
  19. "Knowledge of the Godhead" - Just finished a discussion with someone who believes in the Holy Trinity as described in the Nicean and Anathasian Creeds.  It made me appreciate modern revelation and a knowledge of God that exists in His restored Church today.
  20. "Other people...people are great..." - Take it how you will...but I am grateful all the same.
  21. "Religious freedom...ability to worship according to the dictates of my own conscience"
  22. "Date night...even when I am far away" - Date nights are a little different on FaceTime, but still bueno.
  23. "Scriptures"
  24. "Value of retrospection"
  25. "FHE via FaceTime"
  26. "Cooler weather" - Storm front came in and it is AWESOME!
  27. "Sustaining hand of the Lord" - I have been praying for help with school and finishing up my thesis and over the last few days and weeks, I have been inspired...there is simply no other way to describe it.  I have been able to solve complex problems faster and more efficiently than I could have ever hoped.
  28. "Service" - Thanksgiving day.  I had a chance to serve the Thanksgiving meal to the other deployed members here.
  29. "God's almighty hand" - May seem repetitive, but the Lord really helped me finish up the thesis which I sent in for final review.  Woot!  Woot!
  30. "Answered prayers" - As opposed to the country song about unanswered prayers :0)
Well that is all from me...but I am sure Chels and the fam back in Utah will have to let us know what their thankful turkey's feathers said.


No comments: