8.07.2013

Welcome Back?

Hello, my name is Chelsea and I stopped blogging.

But for good reason....We PCSed! (aka... we moved) PCS stands for "Permanent Change of Station" in military lingo.

So here's the update: Brig is being stationed in Honduras for a year ...unaccompanied.

This means the lil boys and I could have stayed up in AK for that time period or we could move to our follow-on destination (which we don't have yet because Brig's an officer) or we could move to Logan and live with the g-parents.

We chose to move to Logan.

And here we are a couple days out from when Brig leaves. This Saturday is the day that my happy half will fly away to Central America for way longer than desired. (To be honest... anytime away from Brig is way longer than desired.)

We decided that moving back in with my parents was the best option for us. I could get some extra support from family and friends and hopefully not be so lonely.

I miss AK like CRAZY! Especially all the amazing people we knew. But I just felt like being in Logan was where we were supposed to be for the next year. Hopefully I'll come out stronger.

It has been so interesting the past couple weeks attending church. I think every lesson has been directed to me and how I can have the courage to face almost single motherhood.

So now I fee like I'm rambling... but the purpose of this post was not to do so. It was to record my goals for the next year.

If I want to succeed and enjoy the next year and not just endure it, I need purpose. And that purpose can be channeled through goal making for me.

One of my goals is to start blogging again. This goal is specifically for Brig. I want to document our daily happenings so he can still be apart of our lives and know what is going on. Blogging will be perfect for that.

Here are my other goals by category:

Spiritual-
  • Attend the temple weekly (I'm currently accepting applications for a temple buddy.)
  • Memorize all 25 B.O.M. scripture mastery
Mental/Education-
  • Learn to cut hair better (Anyone want to teach me? Or know where I can take classes?)
  • Read a book
Physical/Health-
  • Train for and compete in a triathlon and/or a half-marathon
  • Learn how to do a flip turn (Also looking for someone to help me with this one.)
Financial-
  • Increase our base-line savings
  • Raise $1,000 for The ALS Association through "A Chick w/ Sticks"
Social/Fun-
  • Weekly/bi-weekly game night or get together with friends (Anyone who is interested please let me know!)
  • Weekly/bi-weekly play-dates (Again...Anyone who is interested please let me know!)
Service-
  • Attend the Intergenerational music therapy group at Sunshine Terrace
  • Visit neighbors and find ways to serve them (i.e. treats, rake leaves, shovel snow, etc.)
Family/Children-
  • Potty train Andy (I'm secretly hoping my mom will do this one for me.)
  • Teach Andy ABC's, #'s 1-10, and work on colors
  • Spend time with each child daily (talking, reading, singing, cuddling, etc.) 
  • Get Andy and Ezra to share a room and sleep.

Some of the goals I have are short-term and the others are long-term. As I accomplish a goal I'll replace it with a new one, and hopefully I'll be able to document my progress!

7 comments:

Damaris said...

Good luck this next year. You are such an awesome lady; I'm sure you'll make it a good year!

PS I'm applying for

Teaching you flip turns (aka be a swim buddy)

play dates

game nights

etc!!!!

Mindy said...

I think my husband will be away for the next year too, so I am always available as a Temple buddy. :) I cannot comprehend that Brigham will be gone a year. My mind cannot grasp that.

Me said...

Chelts!

I am so impressed with your positive attitude and goal-setting. You are definitely going to come out of this year on top with an attitude like yours. Way to go! You are such an inspiration to me and I am sure everyone else around you. So guess what?!? I am going to be coming to Logan to visit family Aug 25-Sept 4. If you are around, lets get together. I would love it! Send me an email (katieelli@gmail.com) and we can set something up.

Hugs!
Katie

TJ and Charity Moore said...

Chels,
I really like your idea on not just surviving but growing and progressing and having purpose.
I think the goals are awesome. I loved reading about what you are trying to work on. It helped me see into you a little more.
They have switched some of the BOM Scripture Masteries. I didn't know if you knew or not.
I would love to hear updates on your goals as you go along.
BTW, did you ever get my text? I am so sorry we dropped the ball on that. We were too preoccupied with the trek.
Keep up the posting.
--Charity

Tara and Brigham said...

Hey Chels! Those are great ideas. My Brig has never been away from me for quite that long, but I do find that it's much easier to be away from him if I can keep myself busy :) I will be thinking of you! :)

Heather said...

Welcome back to Logan! I'm open to game nights/girls nights! Good luck on all your goals!

Sarah said...

That is rough that he will be gone for a year! I love all your goals. They have inspired me to set some more goals, too.