In all the time I've known him I have never seen Brig cry.
This doesn't mean he doesn't have a heart, because he most certainly does.... he just shows it differently than my entire family.
We are large blobs of snot and tears when it comes to emotional things.
There was a time back in my "hardened teenage" years where I didn't cry much, but I must have been the stone that Moses hit with his staff in the wilderness, because I am a rock no longer.
And it just gets worse as I get older. Especially due to motherhood.
But enough about me .... back to Brigham.
I had never seen him cry until last night.
Thankfully, it was just a dream.
I had this horrible dream that his mother died, and only 2 days after his sister Shannon had died.
Talk about horrible.
So yeah, now I've seen him cry, but only in dream form.
I'm just grateful that my dreams are not prophetic like my sister Melanie's dreams seem to be.
Otherwise, she would be pregnant (out of wed-lock) and Cheryl and Shannon would be dead.
No thank you.
2 comments:
YIKES! Let's hope you don't really see him cry for a LONG LONG time!
I used to say the same thing about Jeremy, Then we had babies. and my dad died....
I can't say that anymore.
I was/am the same way as you, I NEVER cried as a teenager, and now as a mother, lets just say... the tears flow freely.:)
AND now my montra is "nothing wrong with crying". Or showing emotion.For that matter, People react better to Real emotions, Crying is a part of life.AND It certainly makes life easier.
The joys of motherhood, it brings out our true selves, and emotions.
Post a Comment