2.08.2011

"Great Minds Think Alike"

One of the songs that I sing to Andy on a regular basis is the lullaby, "Hush Little Baby."

You know the one...
Hush Little Baby, don't say a word.
Momma's gonna buy you a mocking bird.

If that Mocking bird don't sing,
Momma's gonna buy you a diamond ring....

Etc. Etc.
Well, at the part in the song when the looking glass breaks, I sometimes would deviate from the original lyrics. I would sing about rattlesnakes, parks, pools, the big blue sky. I would invent new verses that rhymed with the previous.

Since Brig is gone most of the day at work he usually likes to put Andy to bed and I usually hear him singing various Primary songs, or other lullabies.

But it wasn't until the other night that I heard him sing "Hush Little Baby."

I was saying my nightly prayers when Brig started singing this one... and I had to try really hard not to laugh, because he was making up verses just like I would.

When I told him that I did the same thing he responded, "Great minds think alike!"

It'll be interesting to see what verses our children will eventually remember or think are actually part of the song.

1 comment: